Students will be taking the Grade 9 or Grade 10 Reading FCAT, or the Mathematics or Reading Retake for FCAT during the time frame of April 7-25. Specific testing calendars may be viewed at www.nicevillehighschool.org.
This is a computer-based test (CBT), and students have had an opportunity to participate in a practice test to become familiar with the software, item types and online tools they will encounter and use during testing.
If students would like to review the CBT practice test at home, you can download instructions and a practice test (called an “ePAT”) at www.FLAssessments.com/ePAT.
Please be sure you and your student review the following policies:
- Electronic Devices—If your student is found with ANY electronic devices, including, but not limited to cell phones and smart phones, during testing, including bathroom breaks, his or her test will be invalidated. The best practice is for students to leave devices at home or in their lockers on the day of testing.
- Testing Rules Acknowledgment—All FCAT 2.0 tests include a Testing Rules Acknowledgment that reads, “I understand the testing rules that were just read to me. If I do not follow these rules, my test score may be invalidated.” Prior to testing, test administrators will read the rules to students, and students must acknowledge that they understand the testing rules by checking a box next to the statement.
- Discussing Test Content after Testing—The last portion of the testing rules read to students before they affirm the acknowledgment states, “After the test, you may not discuss the test items with anyone. This includes any type of electronic communication, such as texting, emailing, or posting online, for example, on websites like Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.” If students are found sharing information about test items, even without the intent to cheat, their tests will be invalidated.
- Test Invalidations—Students are responsible for working on their own during the test and for protecting their answers from being seen by others.If students are caught cheating during testing, their tests will be invalidated. In addition, the FDOE employs a test security company, Caveon Test Security, to analyze student test results to detect unusually similar answer patterns.
- Leaving Campus—If your student leaves campus before completing the test (e.g., for an appointment), he or she will not be allowed to complete the test. Please try to avoid scheduling appointments on testing days. Specific testing calendars may be viewed at www.nicevillehighschool.org.
If you have any questions related to this test administration, you may contact Marcia Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about the statewide assessment program, visit the FDOE website at http://fcat.fldoe.org/.
2014 FCAT TESTING SCHEDULE
Listed below is the FCAT Testing Schedule. Notices will be given to students the week prior to their test. The notice will include the date and time of test, and the location in which they will be testing. The FCAT Reading test is a two day test. If a student misses the first day of their assigned testing session, they will not be able to test the second day of their assigned testing session. Students absent or late for their testing session will be assigned a date and time for make-up testing.
Please keep in mind, each student has been assigned a specific computer, testing administrator, date and time. It is imparitive he/she is present on the day they are scheduled to take their test!
Reading and Math Retakes for 11th and 12th grade (students who have not mastered the FCAT):
Monday, April 7, 2014 – Friday, May 11, 2014.
FCAT Reading for 10th grade:
This is a two day test. The first two day session will be Monday, April 14, 2014 and Tuesday, April 15, 2014. The second two day session will be Wednesday, April 16, 2014 and Thursday, April 17, 2014. There will be no testing Friday, April 18, 2014.
FCAT Reading for 9th grade:
This is a two day test. The first two day session will be Monday, April 21, 2014 and Tuesday, April 22, 2014. The second two day session will be Wednesday, April 23, 2014 and Thursday, April 24, 2014. Friday, April 25, 2014 will be a make-up test day for any students who did not test on their assigned testing dates.
DUE TO FCAT, SOAR TUESDAYS TO CHANGE TO FRIDAYS
Due to FCAT Testing, there will be day changes for the following SOARS:
- Tuesday, April 8th – Regular SOAR
- Tuesday, April 15th moves to Friday, April 18th
- Tuesday, April 22nd moves to Friday, April 25th
The normal SOAR schedule will be followed.
***Dual Enrollment and No Class students need to plan accordingly.
Category: Academics , Events , General